Exercise is any activity that raises your heart rate over a certain period of time. It can be walking, jogging swimming or lifting weights. I doubt there is anyone who has not heard that exercise is important. The question is: do you know why? Exercise has many benefits, both physical and non-physical. I have come up with a list of ten reasons why you need to exercise for a healthier and happier life.
1. Exercise will keep you healthy. This might not be new to most people. Being physically active will keep you healthy and away from diseases. Engage in exercise at least 4 times a week for 30 minutes every session.
2. Being physically active will increase your energy levels. Exercise increases your heart rate and makes the heart stronger, thus enabling oxygen and nutrients to be distributed in all parts of the body. This makes the body more efficient and boosts your endurance.
3. Engaging in exercise is a great way to socialize and meet new people. Enrolling in a fitness center or going to the playground for a jog is a great way of meeting people.
4. We all seek for happiness. Exercise will make you happier! When you are physically active your brain releases chemicals called endorphins that are known to make you feel happier and reduce stress level.
5. Exercising regularly will keep you away from diseases. Regular exercise is known to prevent a wide variety of health problems.
6. Regular physical activity will help you maintain a healthy weight. Lack of exercise might make you overweight or obese. Exercise helps burn calories and use energy which otherwise would have been converted to fat.
7. Exercises are fun! Find exercises that you enjoy and engage in them more often. Some simple exercises that most people find to be fun are; walking a dog, riding a bicycle, going to the playground or swimming.
8. Being physically active will help you sleep better. Have you ever noticed that when you have been active the whole day you sleep like a baby? This is because it’s easier to fall asleep and sleep longer.
9. Regular physical activity is good for your heart. Exercise makes the heart stronger therefore maintains a healthy blood pressure and improves blood circulation.
10. Exercise is good for your mind, body, and soul.
Now that you know some important benefits of exercise, take action today and start engaging in regular physical activities. Start the journey to a healthier and happier life today!
For total success to be achieved in losing weight, there are things you MUST learn, understand then implement. This free guide details all the information needed for a successful weight loss. Download now: Beginner’s Health and Fitness Guide
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Brian_Syuki